PhD Your Way is an online event in which
- Mathematics PhD life and applications will be explained
- PhD students will answer questions about maths PhD life
- Detailed information on a wide range of courses will be provided.
Final year undergraduates and masters students in mathematics from across the UK are invited to attend. If you have never previously considered pursuing research mathematics then this is a opportunity to understand the joys and challenges of studying for a maths PhD and how to apply for one.
This event is particularly aimed at groups currently under-represented within mathematics, and we are aiming to provide information for people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
We are very excited to announce that we will be joined by:
- University of Bath
- Brunel University London
- Durham University
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- King’s College London
- Loughborough University
- The Open University
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Southampton
- University College London
- University of Oxford
- University of Warwick
- University of York
Sign up is Now Closed
Thank you to everyone who attended the event, we hope you enjoyed and found it informative!
In the week preceding the event, students will be sent an information pack that gives details on mathematics PhDs at the participating universities. A link to the pdf can be found here
They will also have the opportunity to anonymously submit questions before and during the event to be answered in the panel discussion.
By attending this event you are agreeing to our Code of Conduct.
|14:10||What do maths PhDs involve and how do you apply for one?|
|14:35||Panel discussion with PhD students|
|15:20||Breakout rooms: chat with PhD students at individual universities|
Kat Phillips, University of Bath
kap39 (at) bath.ac.uk
Patrick Nairne, University of Oxford
nairne (at) maths.ox.ac.uk
With many thanks to the rest of the team
- Dr Matthew Roberts (University of Bath)
- Dr Dionysios Anninos (King’s College London)
- Dr Kalliopi Mylona (King’s College London)
- Donna Niccolls (King’s College London)
- Dr Jean-Claude Cuenin (Loughborough University)
- Dr Alex Fink (Queen Mary)
- Dr Claudia Garetto (Queen Mary)
- Dr Luciano Rila (University College London)
- Dr Lashi Bandara (Brunel University)